1. Discovery Park, where the L.L. Bean Summer Concert Series is held, is located adjacent to the L.L. Bean flagship store at 95 Main Street in Freeport, Maine.
2. If you're in Freeport early on the day of a concert—or even the night before—you can stake out your spot in front of the stage ahead of time. Don't worry: It's Maine. Nobody will bother your blanket or chairs. Just to be safe, we took old fold-up chairs with us to L.L. Bean, but we were really glad that Kevin Gove, who does PR work for Maine Tourism, had clued us in to the fact that many folks claim their space hours before the concert is scheduled to begin.
3. Pack a cooler or picnic basket with refreshments. Although there are likely to be vendors on site, and there is a café inside the main L.L. Bean store that sells beverages and treats, it can be a bit tricky to navigate through the crowd to get outside the lawn area in front of the stage once the show begins.
4. Should you require restroom facilities during the concert, you'll find substantially shorter lines at the ladies' and men's rooms inside the neighboring L.L. Bean Home Store than inside the main flagship store. In both stores, restrooms are located on the second floor.
5. Bring a sweatshirt. It can be chilly in Maine after dark, even in the summertime. If you forget—the good news is that you can readily purchase a sweatshirt or fleece inside the L.L. Bean flagship store, as we did for my husband one night. He was actually happy to have an excuse to purchase an L.L. Bean logo-emblazoned souvenir.