The western New Hampshire town of Washington--the first town in America to name itself after George Washington in 1776--is home to only about 1,100 residents, and the three classic white buildings on Washington Common still serve vital community functions.
On the left in the photo above is the 1840 Congregational Church. The center structure served as Washington Center School between 1883 and 1993; it is now headquarters for Washington's police force. The town hall, on the right, dates to 1787. It is one of the oldest town halls in New England that is still in use.