See Also: More Fall Crafts Projects for Kids
- Collect fall leaves of all shapes and sizes as you explore New England.
- On a piece of plain white paper, position leaves vein side up in a pattern that you find pleasing.
- Lay another sheet of plain white paper over the top of the leaves.
- Select the crayons that you would like to use to create your rubbing and peel off the paper wrappers.
- Turn a crayon on its side and gently rub over the top sheet of paper.
- The leaf images will magically appear on the paper! Experiment with different crayon colors and leaf arrangements.
- Be sure to bring along a plastic or paper bag on your New England fall rambles so that you can collect leaves for rubbings.
- Share your rubbings with friends and family members who can't visit New England.
- You don't need to limit yourself to fall-colored creations! Go crazy! Try anything! Your leaf rubbing can be as unique as each leaf that falls in New England.