Recipe released to the media by Cabot.
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 pound homemade or store-bought pizza dough
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated Cabot Extra Sharp or Sharp Cheddar (8 ounces)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2. Remove core from tomatoes; cut in half crosswise and gently squeeze out as many seeds and juice as will come out easily. Cut into thin slices.
3. Divide pizza dough into four equal balls; on floured work surface, roll/stretch each ball out into approximate 6-inch circle. Bring dough and toppings to grill.
4. Place two dough circles on heated side of grill; when dough is puffed and browned on underside, about 2 minutes, turn over with tongs and cook until second side is lightly colored, about 1 minute longer.
5. Remove crusts from grill. Drizzle each with some of oil. Cover with half of tomato slices and season with salt and pepper. Top with half of cheese and scatter half of thyme leaves on top. Return to unheated side of grill (or reduce heat on one-burner gas grill to very low). Cover grill and cook pizzas until cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Slide pizzas back over heat or increase heat if crust needs additional crisping on bottom.
6. Use tongs to slide pizzas onto serving plate or cutting board. Repeat with remaining dough circles and toppings.
Note: To lower fat content, you can substitute Cabot Sharp Cheddar with Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar.
Nutrition Analysis: Calories 347, Total Fat 27g, Saturated Fat 12g, Sodium 485mg, Carbohydrates 12g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 16g, Calcium 420mg