Maple syrup makes a wonderful sauce for chicken. Try this dinner recipe from "The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook," Second Edition, published by the Vermont Maple Foundation. Reprinted with permission.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 chicken, 2-1/2-3 pounds, cut up or equivalent chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Dash of pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced, chopped or slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken pieces in a shallow, buttered baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients and pour evenly over chicken. Bake uncovered 50-60 minutes. Baste occasionally.