Designed by CEO David DeLorme and constructed by DeLorme staff, Eartha is a technological marvel and a wondrously detailed, three-dimensional representation of our planet and its movements.
Like our Earth, Eartha tilts at 23.5 degrees, and she rotates on an "axis," a specially designed cantilever arm. It took more than a year for DeLorme cartographers to compile the data used to create this giant globe, which occupies the company's three-story lobby and is open free to the public daily year-round.
In these photos (click to enlarge), taken during my family's July 2008 visit just prior to Eartha's tenth birthday, you'll see Eartha up-close and learn more about her creation.
- A Three-Story WonderDeLorme Headquarters in Yarmouth Maine is Home to Eartha
- Behold, A Giant!Eartha the World's Largest Globe is a Great Free Attraction for Kids in Maine
- Just How Big IS Eartha?How Big is Eartha the World's Largest Rotating Revolving Globe?
- Eartha at Eye-LevelEartha at Eye-Level - Photo of Eartha the World's Largest Globe
- On Top of the WorldEurope and Asia on the World's Largest Globe - Eartha at DeLorme in Maine
- North America in Rich DetailNorth American Continent - Photo of North America on Eartha the World's Largest Globe
- I Spy... New England!Photo of New England on Eartha the World's Largest Globe at DeLorme Headquarters Yarmouth Maine
- Globes Galore in the StoreMap Store at DeLorme in Yarmouth Maine
- Graphic Index
- Text Index