Requesting free travel guides for the New England state(s) you plan to visit can be as easy as making a phone call. Here are toll-free numbers for New England tourism information offices that offer free travel brochures, maps and other literature that will inspire your vacation planning.
Time Required: 10 minutes
- For a free Connecticut tourism map and travel guide, call toll free, 888-CT-VISIT.
- For a free Maine travel planner and highway map, call the Maine Office of Tourism toll free, 888-MAINE45 (888-624-6345).
- Although a free Massachusetts Getaway Guide is no longer available by mail, you can get answers to Massachusetts travel questions by calling toll free, 800-227-MASS, from the U.S. or Canada, 617-973-8500 local and international. (Maybe. On January 22, 2014, I waited on hold for 42 minutes and still did not get through to a travel advisor.)
- To order a free copy of the Official New Hampshire Visitor's Guide from the New Hampshire Office of Travel & Tourism Development, call toll free, 800-FUN-IN-NH (800-386-4664).
- Obtain your free Rhode Island Travel Guide by calling the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation toll free at 800-556-2484.
- For a free Vermont vacation planning package, call the Vermont Tourism Department toll free, 800-VERMONT.
- Visiting neighboring New York State? Request free New York travel literature by calling toll free, 800-CALL-NYS.
- Call as far ahead of your planned New England trip as possible; delivery of brochures may take several weeks.