Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes
Would you like to win a traditional New England lobster/clam bake for two, delivered to your doorstep courtesy of TheLobsterGuy.com? Then all you need to do is find the five "Lucky Lobsters" hidden within the New England for Visitors site. It's easy! The first Lucky Lobster is below. Click on him, find the next lobster, click on him, and so on, until you reach the fifth and final Lucky Lobster... and the entry form. Complete the form, and you're entered to win! One entry per person per week, please (weeks ending at 11:59 p.m. Sundays 3/26, 4/2, 4/9, and 4/16, 2000). Official rules appear below. All entries must be received no later than midnight Eastern time on April 16, 2000.
Click on Me to Start the Lucky Lobster Hunt!
Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes Official Rules
1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited.
2) Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 PM EST on March 15, 2000 and ends at 12:00 AM EDT on April 16, 2000. Sweepstakes is open to any individual age 21 or older as of March 15, 2000 who is a legal resident of the continental United States (excluding Florida) and who had Internet access prior to March 15, 2000. Entrants must be present in the United States at the time they enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, fill in your first and last name, email address, and mailing address on the entry form and click on the "Enter" button. Eligible contestants will then be entered into the sweepstakes to win the prize specified below.
3) You may also enter by hand printing on a 3-1/2" x 5" postcard your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code email address (if any), and telephone number, and mailing it to: New England for Visitors/Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes, Attention: Kim Knox, c/o About.com, Inc., 220 East 42nd Street, 13th Floor, New York, New York 10017. Official About.com, Inc. personnel will enter those names manually. Only one entry per person per week, regardless of method of entry. In addition, only one entry per email address per week. Entries are void if they contain typographical or other errors. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means are void. Entries which are mutilated, altered, incomplete, tampered with, illegible, inaccurate, forged, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are also void. Entries must be received by April 16, 2000.
4) Prizes: One winner will win the following: TheLobsterGuy.com's traditional New England lobster/clam bake for two, including delivery to any shipping address within the continental United States. Delivery is available Tuesday through Friday (holidays excluded). Prizes are courtesy of TheLobsterGuy.com. The value of the prize is $56.99 plus applicable shipping charges, which range from $23 to $38 depending upon winner's location. Prize(s) will only be awarded upon winner validation and verification by About.com, Inc. Taxes, fees, and all other charges, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5) RESTRICTIONS: Each entrant is eligible to participate only once per week and no more than one person may participate using the same email address. Sponsors and their affiliated companies are not responsible for any failure of any electronic equipment, computer transmissions, and/or network connections. Sponsors and their affiliated companies are not responsible for any inaccuracies in information which may be used in the Sweepstakes, or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries, including data entered by contestants. Sponsors and their affiliated companies reserve the right to discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time, in which event, only entries received prior to that date will be considered.
6) NOTIFICATION AND AWARDING OF PRIZE(S): Winner, if any, will be notified by email or U.S. mail and will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within thirty (30) days of notification. The Affidavit of Eligibility and (unless prohibited) Publicity/Liability Release must be executed and returned by each potential winner within 21 days after such documents are sent to the address provided by such a potential winner. Failure of a potential winner to complete, sign, and return any requested documents within such period or the return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner in Sponsors discretion. You are not a winner unless your submissions are verified. The information in winners Affidavit of Eligibility must be correct and must mirror the information provided in winners entry or winner is disqualified. Mail completed affidavit to About.com Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes, 220 E. 42nd St., 13th Floor, New York, NY 10017. If winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the completed and executed Affidavit/Release as required, or if the Prize Notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited. If prize is unclaimed, an alternate winner will be selected. By participating, a winner, except where prohibited by law, grants Sponsors and their affiliated companies the right to use the winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, voice, biographical information, and written submissions and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless required by law.
7) The information that you provide in connection with the Sweepstakes may be used for Sponsors' internal purposes and to send you Sponsors' newsletters and other information about Sponsors, but will not be provided to third parties, except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes or as required by law or legal process. If you would like your name removed from Sponsors' mailing list or if you do not wish to receive Sponsors' newsletter, write to the appropriate Sponsor at the address below, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes in the subject field and "unsubscribe" in the body of the email.
8) Entries and other submitted material become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsors and those working for Sponsors or on the behalf of Sponsors will not be responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due mail or email and for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an email entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized holder of the email account from which the entry is made. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person to whom an email address is assigned by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Copies of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-address, stamped envelope to Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes, c/o About.com, Inc., 220 East 42nd Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10017 (WA and VT residents may omit return postage.) Requests for Official Rules must be received by April 16, 2000. All times and dates in these official rules are Eastern Time.
9) Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to modify or cancel all or any portions of the Sweepstakes because of technical errors or malfunctions, viruses, hackers, or for other reasons that corrupt the Sweepstakes in any manner. Sponsors also reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who fails to comply with these Official Rules, who attempts to enter the Sweepstakes in any manner or through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, or who attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or to circumvent any of these Official Rules.
10) Officers, directors, representatives, and employees of Sponsors, their affiliates or subsidiaries, and each of their respective advertising, promotion, publicity, production, and judging agencies, and those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and these Official Rules and to comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All federal, state, and local taxes are each winners sole responsibility. The prizes will be awarded. No prize substitutions, transfers, or cash alternatives permitted except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at Sponsors' discretion. By entering, each winner accepts all of the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and/or regulations required by Sponsors and also agrees to accept delivery of prize. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use winner's name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), and biographical information for advertising and publicity purposes for Sponsors and for this and/or similar promotions, without compensation.
11) Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss, or other liability that may arise from entrants' participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. All entrants agree that United States law shall apply exclusively to the Sweepstakes and that any dispute with respect to the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of New York.
12) To obtain a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Lucky Lobster Hunt Sweepstakes, c/o About.com, Inc., 220 East 42nd Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10017. All winners' list requests must be received by April 23, 2000. Winners' names will be posted on the http://gonewengland.about.com Web site for thirty (30) days.
13) Sweepstakes is void in Florida and where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted.
14) The Sponsors of the Sweepstakes are New England for Visitors at About.com and TheLobsterGuy.com, 296 Great Island Road, Narragansett, RI 02882.
TheLobsterGuy.com logo used with permission. Lucky Lobster Graphic from MasterClips Premium Image Collection.