Complete New England Thanksgiving Menus
If you can't get to New England for Turkey Day but still want to experience a taste of New England this Thanksgiving, the Internet has a wealth of information to help you plan for a very special holiday this year. Epicurious brings you full Thanksgiving menus and recipes with New England themes from the pages of Bon Appétit and Gourmet.
Colonial Boston Thanksgiving
The Colonial Boston Thanksgiving for 10 menu features recipes for:
- Shellfish Chowder with Fresh Thyme
- Maple-Glazed Roast Turkey with Mixed-Herb Gravy
- Herbed Bread, Cracker and Leek Dressing
- Marbleized Root Vegetable Puree
- Succotash with Tomatoes and Chives
- Squash Pan Rolls
- Cranberry-Port Conserve
- Mixed Garden Greens with Apples and Cider Vinaigrette
- Spirited Pumpkin Pie
- Indian Pudding with Nutmeg Ice Cream
The Connecticut Thanksgiving for 8 menu features recipes for:
- Spicy Almonds and Cashews
- Butternut Squash Soup with Green Chili Coriander Chutney
- Roast Turkey with Corn Bread and Kale Stuffing and Paprika Pan Gravy
- Sherried Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Mashed Potatoes
- Lemony Creamed Brussels Sprouts and Celery
- Cranberry Sauce with Pearl Onions and Golden Raisins
- Date Pecan Pumpkin Squares
- Nutmeg Ice Cream
- Bourbon Burnt Sugar Sauce
The Shaker Thanksgiving for 8 menu features recipes for:
- Creamed Oysters on Toasted Corn Bread
- Roast Turkey with Chestnut Stuffing and Cider Gravy
- Cranberry Fruit Relish
- Scalloped Onions Leeks and Shallots
- Maple Squash Puree
- Herbed Buttered Parsnips
- Warm Green Bean Salad with Dill
- Ohio Shaker Lemon Pie
- Cranberry Raisin Tart
Thanksgiving Cookbook Review
Giving Thanks by Plimoth Plantation food historian Kathleen Curtin is the definitive Thanksgiving cookbook and history book.
Thanksgiving Recipes from Plimoth Plantation
Try these 17th-century recipes based on historical sources.
Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes from New England Inns and Restaurants
Here are some wonderful recipes from New England restaurants and inns, culled from Virtual Cities' Internet Cookbook, to help you add a touch of New England authenticity to your Thanksgiving dinner menu!
Mile High Biscuits - from Diamond District Breakfast Inn in Lynn, Massachusetts
Cream of Broccoli Soup - from The Farmhouse at Nauset Beach in East Orleans, Massachusetts
Celery Almond Soup - from Deerhill Inn & Restaurant in West Dover, Vermont
Pumpkin Bisque - from Red Clover Inn in Mendon, Vermont
Vermont Orzo / Tomato Salad with Feta and Olives - from Ludlow Victorian in Ludlow, Vermont
Sweet Potatoes-Chestnuts-Apples - from Birchwood Inn in Temple, New Hampshire
More from New England Travel
Looking for more New England travel information? Start with the New England Travel home page, where you'll find current features and links to the best of the Net for all of your travel planning needs.
Don't miss our free email newsletter, About New England Travel, which keeps you up to date on what's happening in the region. Subscribe today!
Read the Latest Stories from your New England Travel Guide.